First we shall explain what an IP address is. An internet protocol (IP) address is the unique code assigned to each computer when it connects to the Internet. The IP address is used to locate the computer and enables it to communicate with other connected computers.
A static residential IP address is provided by Internet Service Provider (ISP). This IP address is legal and legitimate, and has a physical location attached to it. Residential IPs are easy to locate and usually allow ISPs or websites to collect information about your online activity.
Now that is where proxy servers come into the picture.
The two main types of proxy IPs are static, when a computer has a single manually configured IP address, and dynamic, when each time the computer connects to the net it is assigned a new IP address by a DHCP server.
A static residential proxy service uses those legitimate static IP addresses provided by ISPs. Residential proxy servers give users the option to choose from a pool of residential IPs so they can mask their real IP address.
What Are Static Residential Proxies?
Residential proxies are residential IP addresses assigned by an internet service provider (ISP). These IP addresses have a physical address attached to it, making it legal and legitimate.
In static residential proxies, you are assigned a dedicated IP address that keeps you anonymous online. It is vital to have a static IP when doing certain things like filling a form or making an online transaction. Rotating IP addresses could lead to a ban or block.
The Benefits of Using a Proxy Connection
- Avoid geo-restrictions – Most proxy services offer users a pool of IP addresses from different geo-locations, so they can pick and choose their location and freely access the content they want.
- Stay anonymous – A proxy server will mask the user’s IP address and all information attached to it, like location, browser information, and more.
- Secure your data – A proxy connection will block malicious users and websites from reaching the user’s data. Online hackers and cybercriminals won’t be able to collect information or spread malware that harms devices.
- Scrape and cop freely – Since they mask the user’s IP address, proxy connections enable block-free web scraping and sneakers coping.
All of the above are the advantages of using any type of proxy connection. Let’s talk about why you should invest in a static residential proxy.
Why should you use a static residential proxy?
Well, you’re right to ask. Yes, there are no perfect IP address solutions, and it is important to consider your needs and goals before choosing the right type for you. Sometimes, it is better to use a static proxy, while other circumstances call for a dynamic IP address solution.
Nevertheless, Static IP addresses do have two major advantages. First, it is stable. Static IP addresses are more stable than dynamic IPs. A static IP address does not change, thus avoiding the constant interruption to the user’s connection. This feature makes it perfect for Businesses, often wanting to use a single static IP address to ease communications and operations within a closed network.
Second, it is simple. Since they are configured just once, Static IP addresses are simpler to get and maintain. Static IP addresses are a lot easier to set up and manage with Domain Name System (DNS) servers, and if you are hosting servers of any type it is easier to find via DNS.
And when you use a combination of static and residential IP the advantages are even bigger – The main benefit of Residential IP proxies being its legitimacy. Since residential proxies use legitimate IP addresses, they are less likely to get blocked from websites. Residential IPs will trace back to the ISP that provides them, so they look as if a regular person is surfing the net.
What Are the Benefits of Using Static Residential Proxies?
- Legitimate: Static residential proxies are more genuine than other types of proxies. Since residential IP addresses are given only to residents, it is assumed that all residential proxies are legitimate.
- Won’t get blocked: Compared to other proxies, the chances of static residential proxies getting blacklisted is meager. There are many proxies with a reputation of being associated with hacking and spamming. Search engines, databases, and various websites block them as soon as they land on their site. But these websites consider static residential proxies safe and secure.
- Find great deals: Many companies run region-oriented sales, such as Black Friday sales in the US, Boxing Day sales in Canada, and others. Static residential proxies enable you to access these sales with an IP address within the specified location. This helps find great deals and save loads of money on your favorite products.
- Get early access to products: Just like region-specific sales, many websites launch exclusive products to specific markets first. Static residential proxies can help get access to these products from relevant IP addresses.
Are Static Residential Proxies Faster?
Static residential proxies combine the power of residential IP addresses with the speed of data center proxies. Most premium proxies offer an uptime of around 99.9%.
Static residential proxies are used for various purposes where speed plays a vital role, such as shopping and ticket booking. Thus, providers make continuous efforts to ensure stability and improve speed.
Yeah, it also has some cons
The major issue here is cost. Static residential proxies aren’t very cheap and often cost more than other proxy services. Prices go up to hundreds of dollars a month, costs the average user won’t be eager or able to pay. Another thing is accessibility. Static residential proxies are hard to come by. This is especially problematic if you need dozens of proxies web scraping or sneakers coping.
However, more often than not, the best thing is to invest in static residential proxies. Other solutions, like Datacenter proxies, are great but have a major fault – A lot of websites will recognize and block them.
So, How to Choose the Right Static Residential Proxy?
With hundreds of proxy providers, it isn’t easy to pick the right one for your needs. Here are some tips to help you find a high-quality static residential proxy.
IP Pool Sizes
A static residential proxy provider with a large pool of IP addresses offers better city and country-level targeting options. This comes handy when you use proxies for marketing to reach people of a specific region. Another benefit of choosing providers with a vast IP pool size is that you are less likely to encounter IPs with a bad history.
Free vs. Paid Static Residential Proxies
Using free residential proxies is compelling, but it does more harm than good. First, they have limited IP addresses. Second, they survive on ads. Moreover, one IP address is shared with several users, which compromises security and anonymity. Therefore, it is advisable to use paid static residential proxies.
Most residential proxy providers use bandwidth-based pricing models. It means you are charged based on the amount of traffic going through the server. If your provider offers unlimited bandwidth, make sure they are not comprising speed and stability.
Reviews and Testimonials
Reviews and testimonials play a huge role in choosing the right static residential proxy. Apart from the testimonials highlighted in the provider’s site, read the reviews on third-party websites. Another way to determine if the proxy you are about to choose is reliable is by searching “[your proxy] + review” on Google. You will find all the pros, cons, and user’s feedback of the proxy provider.
Residential proxies mask your IP address, don’t leave online fingerprints and are less likely to trigger website security alarms. This is especially important if you are planning to conduct extensive data scraping or want to cop those new designer sneakers.
If you are tired of being blocked by websites, want to mask your real IP, and are looking to browse the net with low to non interference, then static residential proxies are the thing for you. The bottom line is that the powerful combination of a stable connection with a legit residential IP gives an edge over your competition – be it other businesses or fellow sneakerheads.